Results from the WOW.Com Content Network
There are two independent national daily newspapers, the Daily Nation, The Standard, and two daily free newspapers, X News, and The People Daily. There are also two specialised daily papers, Business Daily and The Star , and one weekly paper, The East African , which is published in Nairobi , Dar es Salaam and Kampala .
In 2011, Kenya signed a memorandum of understanding with the China Road and Bridge Corporation to build the Mombasa–Nairobi Standard Gauge Railway (SGR). Financing for the US$3.6 billion project was finalised in May 2014, with the Exim Bank of China extending a loan for 90% of the project cost, and the remaining 10% coming from the Kenyan ...
The Bicameral Parliament consists of a National Assembly and Senate. The National Assembly, or Bunge, has 349 members, 290 members elected for a five-year term in single-seat constituencies, 47 women elected from each county, 12 members nominated by political parties in proportion to their share of seats won in the single-member constituencies, and an ex officio member: the speaker.
Specifics. The largest subsaharan ethnic groups are the Bantu, especially the Kikuyu, and the Nilotic peoples, especially the kalenjins, each with unique cultural traits.. The other native subsaharan Africans, the Cushites, may geopolitically self-identify as East African, but culture-wise increasingly also consider themselves as Horn
Drafting process for the 2010 Constitution. The Constitution of Kenya was the final document resulting from the revision of the Harmonized draft constitution of [Kenya] written by the Committee of Experts initially released to the public on 17 November 2009 so that the public could debate the document and then parliament could decide whether to subject it to a referendum in June 2010.
A last attempt to recruit settlers to Kenya occurred in 1945. Only about 500 Europeans migrated to Kenya, meaning the European population remained low, amounting to just 23,033 as against an African population of 5,200,000.
The corporation started its life in 1928 when Kenya was a British colony. It was the first station in Kenya. In 1964, when Kenya became an independent country, the corporation's name was changed to Voice of Kenya. In 1989, the Kenyan parliament reverted the corporation's name from Voice of Kenya to Kenya Broadcasting Corporation.
Margaret Gakuo Kenyatta (born Margaret Wanjiru Gakuo; 8 April 1964) is a Kenyan educator, First Lady of Kenya Since 2013, and wife of Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, Kenya's fourth president. Her husband was inaugurated on 9 April 2013 at Kasarani .