WOW.com Web Search

  1. Ad
    related to: working tax credit uk
  1. Results from the WOW.Com Content Network
  2. Working Tax Credit - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_tax_credit

    Working Tax Credit ( WTC) is a state benefit in the United Kingdom made to people who work and have a low income. It was introduced in April 2003 and is a means-tested benefit. Despite their name, tax credits are not to be confused with tax credits linked to a person's tax bill, because they are used to top-up wages.

  3. Tax credit - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_credit

    A tax credit is a tax incentive which allows certain taxpayers to subtract the amount of the credit they have accrued from the total they owe the state. It may also be a credit granted in recognition of taxes already paid or a form of state "discount" applied in certain cases. Another way to think of a tax credit is as a rebate. Contents

  4. Tax credit overpayment - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_credit_overpayment

    In the tax law of the United Kingdom, tax credit overpayment occurs when a claimant (person filing taxes) has received more Working Tax Credit (WTC) or Child Tax Credit (CTC) than HMRC ’s final end of year calculations awards them.

  5. United Kingdom corporation tax - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_corporation_tax

    t. e. Corporation tax in the United Kingdom is a corporate tax levied in on the profits made by UK-resident companies and on the profits of entities registered overseas with permanent establishments in the UK. Until 1 April 1965, companies were taxed at the same income tax rates as individual taxpayers, with an additional profits tax levied on ...

  6. Universal Credit - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Credit

    Universal Credit is a United Kingdom social security payment. It is replacing and combining six benefits for working-age people who have a low household income: income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, and Income Support; Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit; and Housing Benefit. Contribution-based ...

  7. Taxation in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_the_United_Kingdom

    Tax revenues as a percentage of GDP for the UK in comparison to the OECD and the EU 15. In 1971, the top rate of income tax on earned income was cut to 75%. A surcharge of 15% on investment income kept the overall top rate on that income at 90%. In 1974 the top tax rate on earned income was again raised, to 83%.

  8. Research and Development Tax Credit - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_and_Development...

    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credits are a UK tax incentive designed to encourage companies to invest in R&D. Companies can reduce their tax bill or claim payable cash credits as a proportion of their R&D expenditure. Contents 1 History 2 Overview 3 SME and Large Company status for R&D tax relief purposes

  1. Ad
    related to: working tax credit uk