WOW.com Web Search

  1. Results from the WOW.Com Content Network
  2. Overview of gun laws by nation - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

    Japan has been described as the country with "perhaps the first ever gun buyback initiative" in 1685, and is the first nation to have imposed gun laws in the world; as such, gun ownership is very rare: 0.6 guns per 100 people in 2007. When mass killings occur, they are often perpetrated by assailants wielding knives, not guns.

  3. Noah Ngeny - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Ngeny

    Career. Noah was born in the Uasin Gishu District in Kenya. Ngeny played volleyball during his school years and did not start running until 1996. Ngeny first came to international prominence by setting two world junior records in 1997—3:32.91 for 1500 m in Monaco and 3:50.41 for the Mile in Nice, and under the guidance of renowned manager and coach, the late Kim McDonald, his progression ...

  4. Maldives - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldives

    As a water-bound nation, much of its security concerns lie at sea. Almost 99% of the country is covered by sea and the remaining 1% land is scattered over an area of 800 km (497 mi) × 120 km (75 mi), with the largest island being not more than 8 km 2 (3 sq mi). Therefore, the duties assigned to the MNDF of maintaining surveillance over ...

  5. Foreign trade of Pakistan - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_trade_of_Pakistan

    Pakistan has bilateral and multilateral trade agreements with many nations and international organizations. It is a member of the World Trade Organization, part of the South Asian Free Trade Area agreement and the China–Pakistan Free Trade Agreement.

  6. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

    A Meeting in the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters is a monumental 1897 oil-on-canvas group portrait by Peder Severin Krøyer, depicting the membership of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters during one of its meetings in the Prince's Mansion in Copenhagen.

  7. Kony 2012 - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kony_2012

    Kony 2012 is a 2012 American short documentary film produced by Invisible Children, Inc. (authors of Invisible Children).The film's purpose was to make Ugandan cult and militia leader, indicted war criminal and the International Criminal Court fugitive Joseph Kony globally known in order to have him arrested by the end of 2012, when the campaign expired.

  8. China - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China

    China became the world's largest trading nation in 2013, as measured by the sum of imports and exports, as well as the world's biggest commodity importer. comprising roughly 45% of maritime's dry-bulk market. By 2016, China was the largest trading partner of 124 other countries.

  9. Unreported World - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreported_World

    Unreported World is a foreign affairs programme produced by Quicksilver Media Productions and broadcast by Channel 4 in the United Kingdom. Over the course of its thirty-eight series, reporters have travelled to dangerous locations all over the world in an attempt to uncover stories usually ignored by the world media